- Strona główna
- Chemical peels
Chemical peels, also known as acid peels or acid peels, are a great way to improve the condition of the skin, regardless of age and skin type. Depending on the preparation used, the treatment may have a cleansing, rejuvenating, anti-acne, regenerating, brightening, reducing discoloration, anti-wrinkle or normalizing effect. Using chemical peels, you can remove individual layers of the epidermis and regulate the depth of exfoliation.
Acids are very popular among patients of aesthetic medicine clinics, because this method of exfoliating the epidermis gives extremely fast and spectacular results. Chemical peels eliminate discolorations, reduce scars and wrinkles. They are ideal for grey, tired and impure skin, because they thoroughly and quickly cleanse it, restoring its radiance and youthful appearance.
Chemical peels – what are they?
The effect of chemical peels is to remove the outer layers of the skin in order to stimulate its natural regenerative abilities. Peels loosen the connections between skin cells, thanks to which its outer layers are exfoliated. Depending on the type, concentration and pH of the preparation used, we obtain different potency. Chemical peels are divided into:
- surface peels that act only on the epidermis,
- medium-deep peels that reach the upper layers of the dermis
- pdeep peels that work on the deeper layers of the dermis.
Chemical peels – for whom?
The main indications for acid treatments are:
- thick stratum corneum (e.g. after a sunny summer)
- gray skin tone
- scars, also post acne
- enlarged pores
- loss of skin firmness
- loss of skin hydration In principle, every patient, regardless of age or skin type, can undergo this type of treatment.
Recommendations before the procedure
Before performing a chemical peeling, you should prepare yourself properly and follow the recommendations below:
- for at least 30 days before the planned treatment, you should not sunbathe or expose your skin to the sun, use self-tanning products or use a solarium
- 10 days before the procedure, do not depilate, wax or use abrasive sponges in the treatment area, as they can irritate the skin
- a few days before the procedure, you cannot use creams and lotions with chemical acids or retinoids.
Recommendations after the procedure
After the treatment, the skin should be washed with preparations intended for the care of sensitive skin. It is very important to keep the skin well hydrated. You should drink about 1.5-2 liters of water a day. Do not depilate the skin or use acidic cosmetics in the treated area. It is also forbidden to sunbathe for 4-6 weeks. It is mandatory to use creams with a strong protective filter against UV radiation.
The effects of the treatment can be seen almost immediately. Chemical peeling deeply cleanses and exfoliates the skin, making the epidermis smooth and soft. The use of acids helps in removing discolorations, eliminating scars and treating acne. The best results are obtained with a series of treatments.